Out There Arts
Emory students visit the High Museum of Art.
Out There Arts (OTA) encourages students to discover all that the arts in Atlanta have to offer. From the High Museum of Art and the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, to the Alliance Theatre, Actor's Express and more, Atlanta has a thriving arts scene.
OTA covers all or part of the cost of admission to arts events off campus and may also contribute toward transportation costs depending on the case. This might include providing a flat fee for MARTA, subsidy for Uber or Lyft, reimbursement for personal auto mileage, or shuttle rental.
- Groups must have a minimum of 10 students signed up for the arts expedition, but cannot exceed 25.
- Programs sponsored by commercial presenting organizations (Broadway shows that come to town, rock and pop concerts, etc.). are not encouraged.
- While faculty may certainly apply for more than one Out There Arts a semester, we will only approve one outing at a time, so as to give everyone an opportunity to apply.
- The CCA will fund up to $15 of the ticket price and will work to negotiate a group rate when possible.
- The CCA does reserve the right to refuse any request.
Tips for Applying
- Check websites like atlantaplanit.com for ideas on what kinds of arts events are out there.
- Talk to the CCA staff. We're creative people so we've got good ideas. We can also let you know if your idea is feasible.
- Use Facebook or Evites to estimate interest in your event or to collect RSVPs.
- Work with other organizations, residence halls, or faculty members (classes count as groups).
- Plan ahead! Make sure you can buy tickets before they sell out. However don't purchase your tickets before your trip has been approved. We don't want you left in the lurch.
- Submit your request at least two weeks in advance of the event date (or ticket purchase date). Earlier is always better. OTA request may take a week to process.
- Organize transportation. Will an Emory Shuttle or chartered bus be needed, or do you plan to carpool, take a Uber/Lyft, or MARTA?
- Include all event details (including ticket price, venue, time, etc.), group details and contact information on your application for the fastest possible processing.