Rosemary Magee Fellowship in the Arts
Job Title: Post-Baccalaureate Fellow (full-time; salaried; temporary; exempt)
Term: June 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019 (dates are negotiable with an optional second year)
Reports to: Assistant Director and Communications Manager, Emory College Center for Creativity & Arts
Salary: $29,000 (annual) dependent on experience
Benefits: Emory benefits as a full-time, temporary staff member, including health coverage
Marketing & PR Responsibilities
Create and execute student-focused marketing plans for arts events including:
- Representing the Arts at Emory during Orientation events & at Wonderful Wednesdays
- Creating student oriented fliers for arts events and CCA programming
- Managing and promoting the Emory Arts Passport program
- Coordinating coverage of Arts at Emory events with The Emory Wheel, WMRE, and other student media outlets
Conceive and implement social media campaigns for Arts at Emory (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
Research, write, review and edit press releases and news stories
Aid in maintaining Arts at Emory online and press calendar
Assist with creating content for and managing the Arts at Emory Email Club
Plan and execute the Arts at Emory Wonderful Wednesdays in September & April
Act as Co-director of the STIPE Society of Creative Scholars
Work with The Career Center to plan and execute career development programming for arts students
Serve as Arts at Emory representative, coordinator and liaison for student-facing campus departments such as the Office of Admissions, Orientation, PACE program, and Residence Life.
Assist with the Annual Creativity & Arts Awards Night
Coordinate catering of food/beverage services and clean-up for CCA executive Committe and CCA Advisory Board meetings.
Assist with special projects, research, and administrative needs for arts departments and programs
A large percentage of the intern's assignments involve writing, organizing and communicating (especially phone calls and email) to colleagues or constituents on and off-campus/within and beyond the Arts at Emory. Regular work hours are 9 - 5 Monday through Friday, plus special events. Flexibility in work schedule may be provided when arranged with supervisor in advance.
Emory College students/alumni who have graduated or will graduate between May 2016 and May 2018 with a major(s) and/or minor(s) in Theater, Music, Dance, IVAC, Film & Media, Art History and/or Creative Writing.
Exceptional writing, communications, research, time-management, and organization skills
Strong knowledge and interest in marketing and communication with undergraduate student demographic
Strong background, interest, and knowledge of the arts, especially the Arts at Emory
Self-starter with proven ability to take initiative and complete projects
Direct experience with multiple arts disciplines and Emory Arts departments preferred
Some experience in graphic design and/or video editing is a plus
Positions in this classification may have various lifting requirements up to 20 pounds and require the ability to bend, stoop and twist
A valid Georgia driver's license and consistent access to an insured, reliable vehicle
To apply please submit the following items by the deadline:
1. A resume of professional, volunteer, artistic, and academic activities and achievements
2. A cover letter of no more than one single space page addressing the following:
- Please describe how your experience and skills fit the job description and qualifications
- In your opinion, what would increase student attendance and participation in the arts on campus?
- What do you hope to gain from the internship?
- What are your long-term professional goals?
3. Please supply between 1 and 3 letters of recommendation from Emory faculty and/or staff by the application deadline.
Application materials are due by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 23, 2018.
LATE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED (NO EXCEPTIONS)
If the Center for Creativity & Arts deems it necessary to schedule interviews with one or more candidates, those select candidates will be contacted by March 28, 2018 at 4 p.m.
Please email all of your application material files (including letters of recommendation) as Word or PDF attachments to a single email.
Submission Procedure: Email your application materials to Dr. R. Candy Tate, Assistant Director, Center for Creativity & Arts, email@example.com by the aforementioned deadline.