Classroom Mini Grants
The Center for Creativity & Arts (CCA) offers the Classroom Creative Arts Mini Grant program to support Emory College faculty using the creative and performing arts to extend and explore the curriculum within the classroom and on Emory's campus.
A Classroom Creative Arts Mini Grant should be used for an activity directly related to a class you are teaching. Anyone currently teaching an Emory College course is eligible, including graduate students, adjunct faculty, visiting faculty, lecturers, or tenure track faculty. Preference will be given to teachers who have not received past grants and for new course offerings. Only one application per faculty member per semester. Only one application per class (i.e. co-teachers can’t both apply for the same class). The request can be up to $300. Please submit an itemized budget for materials and honoraria.
The deadline to apply for grants for Fall Semester 2017 is Friday, September 8, 2017 at 4 p.m.
The deadline to apply for grants for Spring Semester 2018 is Friday, January 26, 3018 at 4 p.m.
Applications may be submitted at any point before the deadline. Recipients will be notified of funding after the deadline for each semester.
This fund supports:
- Classroom materials that may not be covered by regular departmental funds
- Honoraria for guest artists (non-Emory). Honoraria are capped at $75 per class visit.
- We do not fund the purchase of technological hardware (computers, voice recorders, iPads, etc.), food, or drink.
- This grant does not fund activities off Emory's campus. For off campus events, please see the Out There Arts program.
- Applicants must either have their own Smartkey account or be connected to a department with a Smartkey account
- Approved expenses can be purchased by the CCA or reimbursed with the submission of a departmental transfer
- Applicants must also participate in an assessment of the program