Out There Arts Tips
Here are some pointers for creating a succesful OTA trip
- Check websites like atlantaplanit.com for ideas on what kinds of arts events are out there.
- Talk to the CCA staff. We're creative people so we've got good ideas. We can also let you know if your idea is feasible.
- Use Facebook or Evites to estimate interest in your event or to collect RSVPs.
- Work with other organizations, residence halls, or faculty members (classes count as groups).
- Plan ahead! Make sure you can buy tickets before they sell out. However don't purchase your tickets before your trip has been approved. We don't want you left in the lurch.
- Submit your request at least two weeks in advance of the event date (or ticket purchase date). Earlier is always better. OTA request may take a week to process.
- Organize transportation. Will an Emory Shuttle or chartered bus be needed, or do you plan to carpool, take a taxi, or MARTA?
- Include all event details (including ticket price, venue, time, etc.), group details and contact information on your application for the fastest possible processing.
Again, ask our friendly staff. We're here to help. We want you to see art both on campus and in the city!